This is one of Lucas' favorite meals! We just had it last night again, so I thought I'd share it with you here. It's super easy, and far healthier than any kind of chicken strips, nuggets, or fingers you'd find in a restaurant or in the freezer section of the grocery store.
- Marinate one pack of chicken tenders (we choose organic) in buttermilk for about 30 minutes in the fridge.
Meanwhile, prepare 3 large bowls for the dipping process:
- In the first bowl, put about ½ cup of flour
- In the second bowl, beat 2 eggs
- In the third bowl, mix ½ cup flaked coconut, ½ cup panko bread crumbs (the panko is key for crunchy strips!) plus 1 tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp curry powder, 1 dash cayenne pepper, and ¾ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 475° and spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Take out your milky chicken strips and dredge each one first in the flour, then in the eggs, then in the panko mixture. Line the strips up on the cookie sheet and spray them with olive oil spray. (If you don't have spray, you can drizzle them with a tiny bit of olive oil, but the spray is best.)
- Bake for 6-10 minutes or until done. No turning necessary.
They don't even need dipping sauce! The flavor from the spices and coconut make them very tasty on their own. Let me know what you think!